Monday, January 23, 2012

Back in the 309

The Lottouzee family has made it back to Peoria in one piece!

Not without a little craziness though....

As many of you may know, we were in Chicago visiting my 2 aunts (Aunt Judy and Aunt Bev). The drive from Chicago to Peoria takes about 3 hours with the kids. This time around was a different story. Not only was it raining, it down poured for a while. After it down poured, Zander and Corvin decided to throw 2 little fits. So we pulled over in the middle of no where on one of the creepiest roads possible and I fed Zander while Allyn held Corvin for a bit. 10 minutes later, we were back on the road. It was only about 20 minutes later when Zander realized he hated his car seat, which made us hate it too. The only way he could express his hatred was by screaming of course. Allyn sat sideways in his seat to try and keep Zander's pacifier in his mouth but little man was just relentless. Finally he calmed down, but Corvin had reached his own little breaking point. He then proceeded to cry loudly - at least he wasn't screaming. Unfortunately, this woke Zander up and pissed him off to the point where he felt the need to scream once again. This went on for about 45 minutes until we got back to Peoria. Oh, and during that 45 minutes, we drove through some of the worst fog imaginable. I could only see about 10-15 feet in front of my car. Oy, that was a long ride home!

Corvin and Zander are probably just really sick of the car. After traveling to Independence, La Crosse, Madison and Chicago all within a week and a half they've been in the car for about 18 hours. Not a fun time for a toddler or an infant. I've decided to make up for so much driving around, I wont put them in the car unless it's an emergency for at least 2 weeks. Hopefully they'll forgive me :)

Out of everyone, I think Corvin was the happiest to be home. As soon as he walked in the door, he toddler talked to himself for a good 20 minutes. He grabbed several toys we left behind and hugged them, layed on his belly with a big grin on his face and then tried playing with all the things he knows he's not supposed to play with. Silly little guy :) Zander was pretty happy too. He only woke up twice last night! While we were traveling, he was waking up 5 times a night or so. 

Anyway, I still haven't worked out today. I definitely need to. The past week I hardly had a chance to workout and I'm 90% sure I over ate most days. Ugh :( I'm not impressed with myself right now. Oh, and to make my confidence even more non-existent, we had our engagement pictures done on Saturday. Vince (our wedding photographer) let me look at the pictures and WOW do I look horrible. I'm no longer pregnant, but my gut sure makes me look like I'm 4 months along. Gross.....if that doesn't inspire me to lose some flippin' weight, I don't know what will!

Here's some exciting news! Allyn filed our taxes today and we're supposed to be getting $4,044 back! This will definitely pay for some more wedding things like decorations, food, photography, ect. We're still debating on if we want to use that to pay for Allyn's car or not, but then that frees up $350 a month. My only concern really is that if we do that, then a lot of our wedding stuff may not be paid for in time. We're still expecting Tradehome to give us Allyn's bonus they never gave him in the first place, but we have no idea how much we're getting. Personally, I think that we should use the Tradehome money on Allyn's car and our tax money on wedding expenses. We're planning on having a discussion about that later. More exciting financial news! I won $100 for losing the most weight by percentage in 3 weeks AND we turned in all our spare change and had $131! Crazy! I'm also planning on selling a few things on ebay. They wont make us a ton of money, maybe $20-$50, but hey...money is money! God knows we were really hurting a month or two ago, it's nice to finally be swimming back to the surface again. Now if only we could just find a damn boat....preferably a yacht :)

Well anyway, I need to get back to editing photos. I only got to do 1 of the shoots I had planned while we were in La Crosse and there were a TON of adorable pictures! I'll post a few here to make up for all the daily edited photos I missed last week :)

Until tomorrow!
♥ Taber











No comments:

Post a Comment