Tuesday, January 3, 2012

New Year, New Me!

If you've been keeping track of my blogs, you know that I'm obviously partly referring to me losing weight. Well, another part of the 'new me' will be glasses.

I called my insurance today and they said I could go to Wal-Mart and get an exam and a pair of glasses for free. First of all, the one that I went to can't give me new glasses for free but I can drive 45 minutes to go to the one that can. After driving there, they wont be able to give me my free glasses for 6-8 weeks. Long story short, I bought a pair at "my" Wal-Mart and they'll be here next week. I also learned that I have an astigmatism - which I was informed means my eyes are shaped more like a football than like a basketball. Not sure if I'm supposed to blame that on post pregnancy or good ol' mom and dad - either way, thanks for my funny shaped eyes guys. At least they're still pretty? haha.

Anyway, I've lost 1.5 pounds since yesterday! So now I'm right back on track again! I'm only ONE pound away from not being considered overweight anymore! Yay! I'm definitely excited for that :) I've also obtained P90X and Insanity and I plan on starting that tomorrow morning/afternoon/evening...basically whenever the kids let me have some free time to do it! haha. I'm VERY excited to shed off all this baby fat! I'm working hard to earn my rightful place in the MILF club :) hahaha.

In photography news, my very first mini soft box came in the mail today! I've tested it out a little on my boys and LOVE it so far! I've been talking to a few models on modelmayhem.com and they've agreed to do TFP (trade for photos) shoots so I can test out my new toy :) I also want to test out Topaz Adjust a little more before I buy it. So the next few shoots will be a good experience for me on my road to becoming a great photographer.



As a way for me to improve my photography and editing skills, I've decided to edit at least 1 picture everyday. It doesn't have to be from my Rebel and it doesn't have to be a picture I've taken that day. Any picture from any camera that I've taken will suffice. I'll post them here and I want you guys to feel free to leave comments and suggestions! 
PS: I have PSE8 if that helps any of you for giving me some tips. Thanks!
Here's my edited photo for today!



Oh, one more thing... Just as a warning to anyone who may try to make Blackened Chicken someday...DO NOT SPRAY PAM ON A BURNING HOT SKILLET! It will start on fire and deform your beautiful, expensive and favorite skillet. You can only guess how I know this information :)

1 comment:

  1. Taber! You have inspired me to start a new blog...2012 edition!

    ReplyDelete