Monday, January 2, 2012

The Life of a Mom

I gained 1.5 pounds.

Ugh.

I know it's probably just water weight, or even the breakfast I had this morning, but I just hate saying "I gained" when referring to my weight. I can just call it motivation I guess. So far today I've only had about 15 spare minutes of time to workout. Corvin and Zander are both sleeping right now, so I'll try and get a few more minutes of Wii Fit time while they're dreaming. The problem with that is I know Zander will wake up in the process, he ALWAYS does. He's bound and determined to keep mommy as fluffy as a pillow! haha. Soon, I'd really like to get P90X or Insanity and force myself to wake up before the babies do every morning. Allyn can watch them if they do wake up and I can actually finish a workout. 

I'm so sick of looking in the mirror and seeing this chunky stranger staring back at me. Who is that girl with the love handles and the stretch marks? I'll work hard to get rid of the love handles, but the stretch marks are a different story. I've been using Mederma Stretch Marks Therapy, but so far that's really only made the red ones go back to being skin toned and the small ones to fade slightly. There are a few deep set ones that I just know are never going away unless I get laser treatments (which I've heard costs around $2,000...anyone wanna loan me $2,000?). In due time I'll at least look good in clothes without having to wear something to suck my gut in. I don't think I can wear a bikini again for a while though. That's the life of a mom though!

In other news, I completely forgot to mention yesterday that Corvin has learned a few new things! He learned how to use his own brush to brush his hair (not very well but he's got it for the most part!). He also learned how to say "hi" and say "poop" - haha. All in one day! The next thing I'm working on with him is saying "mama" and "love you." He copies the number of syllables I use at least. When I say mama, he's more saying "baba" instead...but that's still progress! When I say love you, I can see that he has his tongue ready for pronouncing an L sound, but he typically just starts giggling. :) It's so fun to see him learn new things like that. 

Zander also hit a mini milestone today! I propped him up to sit, put his hands down in front of him so he could support himself, and he sat there all by himself for a good 15 seconds! He got too excited, smiled really big and whipped his head backwards though. Don't worry, we were on the couch so his mini fall was cushioned! Before I know it my boys are going to BOTH be walking and talking!

On a side note, it's time for this mama to get glasses. I've had PERFECT vision my whole life but over the last few weeks, I've been straining to see some things. Like right now, I'm squinting a little just so I can read what I'm typing! So it looks like maybe tomorrow I'll be headed to the eye doctor and gettin' fixed for a pair of glasses. 

Well, Corvin is in the process of waking up so I suppose I should be done with my blog for today. Wish me luck with working out!

Here's a picture of my happy little Zander to brighten your day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment