Wednesday, January 4, 2012

I Lost My Time, Have You Seen It?

When Allyn has to work open to close, I literally have next to zero time to do anything. From 9:30am to 9:30pm, it's just me and the boys.

Cooking takes anywhere from 20-40 minutes. Dishes typically take 15 minutes. During that entire period of time, I'm going back and forth from my housewife task to my babies. Zander's binkie fell out, he's been crying for 5 mins about it, so I put it back in his mouth. Corvin keeps trying to take dishes out of our giant dish rack (a.k.a. broken dishwasher) and I have to chase him away 3,4,5 times before he at least doesn't touch it anymore. Once dishes are done, I'm chasing him away from the kitchen entirely so he doesn't step under me while I'm cooking or try sprinting towards the stove when I open it. During this entire period of time where I'm constantly chasing Corvin around & giving him toddler tasks (like finding certain toys), Zander is continuously spitting his binkie out every 5-10 minutes and crying.

That's just my evening.

Morning isn't as bad. Corvin plays with his toys and Zander wants to be snuggled. So I spend a little quality time snuggling with my pumpkin while watching my little monkey have fun. Then it's nap time. Sometimes, that means nap time for mommy too :) most times I find a different task to do (like Wii Fit). My task doesn't last long though. Zander ALWAYS wakes up within 15 minutes of me setting him down. His swing will occasionally pacify him, but not always. So workout time gets taken away for a while. By the time Zander is fed, changed and sleeping again, Corvin wakes up.

My afternoon is spent sitting on the floor with Zander sleeping in my arms and teaching Corvin things while playing with him. If Zander wakes up, it's tummy time for him and Corvin and I stay close to him. If I can, I'll blog or edit pictures. As I'm blogging right now, I'm holding Zander with one arm and typing one handed. He's been much more needy today than usual. I've been trying to make the afternoon my more official workout time because Corvin thinks it's funny to see mommy workout so I might as well do it while he's awake. Zander disagrees. As I've said in a previous post, I'm convinced Zander wants to keep me fluffy. I'm sure a fat mommy is more comfortable to lay on than a skinny one! haha.

Inbetween ALL of that, throw in about 10 diaper changes, 4 extra meals (2 for me, 2 for Corvin), breastfeeding every 2 hours AND cleaning the house.

By the time my day & "dinner rush" is over, I'll look at my phone and think, "Holy crap it's 8pm already?! How did that happen??"

My point is, how do I find time for myself? There are days (unlike today) that I have lots of extra time. Zander is in a good mood, Corvin isn't causing any toddler troubles and Allyn comes home early. But if I really want to stick with losing weight at a regular pace, I need to be working out every single day. Not just for 15 minutes, but for 45-60 minutes. There's a wedding dress with my name on it that needs to fit me by May and I'm determined to get my body back. I just need my life to cooperate a little more! haha.

Anyone who thinks this all sounds easy, I invite you to come to my house for a full week. I'll tell you everything that needs to be done & I want you to do it flawlessly, ALL BY YOURSELF. After the week is over, if you still think it's easy (which I doubt you would) I'll never once mention again how my jam packed days get stressful and hectic. If you do think it's hard, call your mother and thank her for everything she's ever done for you :)

No comments:

Post a Comment