Friday, January 20, 2012

Lots to Talk About :)

Hmmm, where do I start. I have SO much to blog about!

I suppose we can start with Corvin. Since we've been in Wisconsin, he's learned 2 new words and does several very silly things now that just crack me up! At my moms house, there are a lot of dead animals hanging from the walls. My step dad (well kind of step dad, they've just been dating for 7ish years so at this point he's basically my step dad, haha), hunts all the time. So there are a few deer heads, birds, fish, ect all over the living room and in the basement. Corvin was definitely interested in all of these things, especially the deer. Within a few hours of being at my mom's, he figured out how to say deer! Whenever he says it, he points at one of the deer heads and says, "Deer!"  Too cute ♥ He's also learned how to say Bo. No, I didn't spell that wrong, I mean Bo. We went to our friends house, Matt Bollman, whom we call Bo. I figured since Corvin can say go and bum bum, he can probably figure out how to say Bo, and sure enough he did! The kid can say Bo, but mama is a whole 'nother story! Little butthead.

Corvin also has a few new actions. Yesterday, he threw his first real temper tantrum. He was tired and we were trying to change him into his night time diaper and his jammies. This process took a good 15 minutes because someone decided to have a little freak out. He'd try to escape the room and I'd step in front of him to prevent him from leaving. This was apparently where I went wrong. He threw himself on the ground crying and kicking and sort of pounding on the floor a bit! Definitely funny - but I know this will probably only be funny once or twice more before it becomes extremely annoying! To make up for his newly found anger, he's done some very adorable things as well. He'll randomly start lightly stomping his feet on the ground with a huge grin. I think he likes the sound it makes and he's proud that he's doing it. Also, if we ask him to say poop when we think we smell something funny coming from his direction, he'll say "poop poop poop"  and he bounces up and down almost like he's squatting to go potty. Next time he does this, I'll try and capture a video and post it here. It's hilarious!

Can you tell this mama is proud? :)

In other news, I definitely forgot to mention that Allyn left ALL my camera equipment back in Peoria. I was a little mad, to say the least. He packed up the car while I took care of the babies and I never double checked his work. I just asked him if he grabbed everything and took his word for it. So we both muffed up there. Anyway, thankfully my friend Amanda has the same camera (just the older model) and let me borrow it. I didn't have to cancel my shoots, woo! However, one of my shoots canceled on me :( She explained herself and I understand why, but I think from now on I'm going to ask my clients to pay a non-refundable certain amount of money down when they book a shoot. That should help prevent this from happening in the future. I have to plan my whole day around a photo shoot so it's kind of frustrating when it gets canceled.

In weight loss news, I haven't lost anything. In fact, I've probably gained a pound or two :/ Yes I know, bad Taber! But let me tell you something, when food is constantly being shoved in your face, it's a little hard to say no at times! haha. My mom makes some kind of baked good almost every day. Apple turnovers, cinnamon cake, double chocolate cake, chocolate brownies, and not to mention the 5 tons of candy they have laying around the house. I don't buy or make this stuff anymore because I know they're my weakness! I have such a horrible sweet tooth and it's so hard to resist! When I get back to Peoria, I'm definitely going to work my little tushie off. Allyn has orientation for American on Monday, but after that he has pretty much the whole week off. The good thing about that is he'll be around to watch the boys so I can do several long workouts. Definitely can't wait!

We have a few wedding updates as well. Yesterday, we went to the Best Western in La Crosse (where the reception is) and talked to the new event planner (or whatever her title is). We figured out a few things, like the color table cloths we'll have (white), the color of the napkins we'll have (some tables will have blue, other tables will have green), how the napkins will be folded (fan style), where the head table will be, and so on and so forth. I think we also definitely want to have the ceremony there as well. They have a nice ceremony area, right next to the beach on the Black River. That way it'll be easier on our guests for traveling. I'm definitely excited and nervous all at the same time! :) Oh! Also, today I'm meeting up with a few of my bridesmaids so they can try on their dresses (and pay for them!) and so I can try my dress on again :) I'm also making Allyn meet his groomsmen at Men's Warehouse to be fitted for their tuxes. Watch out for bridezilla ;) hehe

I also forgot to mention that a bridesmaid of mine backed out of the wedding :( I texted her a few days ago and asked her if she still wanted to be in the wedding. I know she's been having financial problems because she hasn't been able to find a job among a few other things. She had $65 or so left to pay on her dress along with the cost of alterations, shoes, jewelry, ect so I figured this might be difficult for her. Long story short, she said she probably wouldn't be able to swing it and that she may not even be in the state at the time of my wedding (??). I asked her why but she said she didn't want to talk about it. Oh well. My new bridesmaid is Brittany, and I'm definitely happy that she's more than willing to be in my wedding! :)

Well, I've definitely blabbed enough for today! haha. Corvin is probably going to wake up soon, then I need to shower, get ready and start getting ahold of people for our last day in La Crosse :(

Talk to you all later!
♥ Taber

No comments:

Post a Comment