Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Creativity is Key

As some of you may know, I babysat Ali again last night.

That was fun...

Alright, so it really wasn't that bad. ONLY because I got a little creative this time around though.

Zander had been crying for a good 15 minutes. Nothing, and I mean nothing, was making him happy. For all I know he might've been happy I suppose and just wanted to hear his own voice, but it sure didn't sound that way! Anyway, I looked at Corvin with his cute little mohawk and he didn't seem bothered by little brothers crying. I think he's gotten used to it a bit. Ali on the other hand was reaching her breaking point. I knew that if she started to meltdown, Corvin would too. So with a little quick thinking, I avoided tears, a headache and a missing bottle of wine with one simple statement.

"Mommy isn't going to come home if you're crying. She'll only come home if you're happy."

I must admit, I felt a little bad for saying it. Within 2-3 minutes she stopped though! THANK GOD! Soon enough I had her giggling and even helping me out a bit. Corvin kept opening their cupboards and taking things out. I asked Ali if she could tell him no because I was feeding Zander and she went over to Corvin, grabbed his hand and nicely led him back to the living room! Of course he ran right back, but it was sweet of her to try and help! :)

She also had lots of funny things to say. I was changing Zander's diaper and she pointed at him and said, "what's that?" My immediate thought was 'crap' - but I ended up just saying it was his wee wee. Not understanding, she asked me again. So I told her that was how he goes potty. That answer sufficed her, so she moved on to say, "I like his butt!"  Bahaha! I couldn't help but laugh. I can't wait for the boys to start saying goofy things like that!

Oh, by the way, I read this article yesterday. 21 Creative Consequences - some of them are great! I like the one where if they're stomping their feet during a temper tantrum, you make them stomp their feet for a minute straight once they're done. Maybe then they won't do that next time! haha

Anyway, on the topic of my, uh...our wedding :) we're going to meet with the new event coordinator for Best Western when we get back to La Crosse. We've pretty much decided to have the ceremony there as well, just to make it easier on our guests. Also, while we're home we're (hopefully) going to get our engagement pictures done! Then as soon as I get them back we can create our invites! I'm ordering magnets as our invites so people don't have an excuse for forgetting to RSVP or attend. If they just put it on their fridge, they'll be reminded about it every time they go to grab something, right? :)

If you've read a few of my posts before, you know I typically have to stop because Corvin or Zander woke up from their nap. Today is no different :) Corvin is up and I'm sure he's ready for lunch!

Until tomorrow!
♥ Taber

This is Billy - We connected on modelmayhem.com to do a TFP shoot back in August :)

No comments:

Post a Comment