Sunday, January 1, 2012

Welcome to 2012!

Thankfully, last night was 99% drama free. First time in 4 years where something crazy didn't happen, and I'm thrilled. :) Before going out, I thought I would definitely try and keep track of how many drinks I had by keeping a tally on my hand (so I could count the calories). Unfortunately, I forgot a pen and once I started feeling a little tipsy, I started not to care. hehe. Oh well. I had a good time. It's not often this mommy gets to go out! It's more rare that Allyn and I get to go out together. It was a nice change of pace.

However, it didn't take long for reality to hit us. Corvin woke up around 7:30am...we went to bed around 5:30am. Ouch :/

My weight loss once again took a bit of a back seat today. I decided not to weigh myself like I usually do. I spent most of the day nursing my light hangover by eating healthy foods, resting my sore tootsies, taking Tylenol and sleeping while the kiddos took their nap. Dinner tonight was the Zippy Ground Beef Skillet. We enjoyed it for the most part, but for those of you who might try this, I'd suggest less sour cream. Other than that it was pretty yummy! 

I suppose resolution number 2 was kind of worked on...not today but definitely last night. I took about 45 photos all together...none of which took much talent though. haha. My point and shoot camera was left on auto because I knew my drunk self wouldn't be able to do anything with ISO's and f-stops quickly or correctly! If it wasn't for that handy little tool, I wouldn't have been able to capture any of the fun memories from last night. I gave a fair warning to everyone that the more alcohol I consume, the more pictures I take. I'm actually surprised I ONLY took 45...it's normally closer to 100 when I go out! 

For those of you who enjoy my not-getting-pregnant resolution, you'll be happy to know that last night our first shot was dedicated to just that. "Here's to not getting pregnant in 2012!" Everyone enjoyed that :) hehe. But now that the new year is here, I think tomorrow I'm going to be calling the number my doctor gave me so I can go and get birth control. The only method Allyn and I have right now is the good ol' fashioned condom. I would really like to have a 'backup plan' though. I'm too scared of getting any kind of IUD, I've thought about implanon but once again it kind of scares me, I'd like the Nuva Ring but my doctor said it's not recommended for breastfeeding women. So I'll probably have to be stuck with the pill. I'll just have to tape it to my forehead so I don't forget to take it!

Well, it's getting a little late. Babies need to be put to bed, I'd like to have my nightly half glass of wine and probably go to bed a little earlier than usual. I hope everyone had a great time bringing in the new year last night! I know I certainly did :)



1 comment: