Sunday, January 8, 2012

Boys Go to Jupiter to Get More Stupid-er...?

Anyone else remember doing that "patty cake" like rhyme in elementary school? Even then, girls seemed to be pretty good at picking up on the opposite sex's lack of intelligence at times.

Last night, Allyn invited several friends over for their "pre-game" - for those of you who don't know what that is, that's where you drink before you go out to drink..haha. Anyway, most of them were guys, talking about guy things and doing guy things. I'm not saying they're stupid by any means, they seem pretty smart actually, but sometimes the things guys say just freaks me out! Not because the topic is vulgar or anything, but I can't help but wonder if my boys are going to grow up and talk about the same subjects the same way as other guys do. I know they'll talk about things like sex, but I sure as hell hope they don't talk about cheating on their girlfriend let alone act on it. I hope they don't refer to women as "bitches" and treat them like objects. I hope they don't do weird guy things like farting in each others faces :/ bleh. Allyn's friends weren't quite saying/doing these things or talking like that, but other topics they brought up got me thinking about this.

One of my New Years resolutions is to teach my boys as much as possible. I plan on making that a resolution for the rest of my life. One of the big things I want to teach them is to be perfect gentlemen. I want my future daughter-in-laws to tell me "thank you" because I raised 2 boys that treat them like princesses. They'll learn the basics like NEVER hit a woman, don't call her demeaning names like "bitch" or "slut" (even if it's true!), always treat her (and others) the way you want to be treated, never ever cheat on her even if you're not considered "official". They'll also learn the little things that count, like always hold the door for her, ladies first, do nice things once in a while like getting her flowers, tell her she's gorgeous instead of sexy, and many more. The Lottouzee boys will be perfect gentlemen, just like their father ♥

Dear future daughter-in-laws,
You're welcome :)

In other news today, I haven't weighed myself or done anything weight loss related, but I did work on my photography resolution! Months ago, I tried shooting in RAW format because it saves all information of the image, unlike JPEG. Sadly, my Photoshop Elements refused to recognize the files even though I had the RAW plug-in. I've asked a few photographer friends in the past what I should do and I either got no response or an "I don't know." I decided to ask another friend on Facebook, Tyler, and he helped me out. It was a stepping stone to figuring out the problem. Long story short, my version of PSE isn't compatible with the version of the RAW conversion plug-in that works with my camera. The work around? Convert the RAW files into DNG - works just the same! So my daily edited photo was taken today in RAW format, edited in DNG and saved as a JPEG (obviously so I can upload it on the internet). I'm pretty happy with the final result! :) This was also shot using my new mini soft box.

Corvin Allyn, 2 days shy of being 16 months :)


Allyn comes home early today to watch the Steelers play, so hopefully while he's home I can do a full, uninterupted Insanity workout! Can't wait! :)

Talk to you all tomorrow!
♥ Taber

1 comment:

  1. These are such important things for a boy to learn, and sometimes it seems like not enough men know the things you will be teaching your boys. You've made such a great resolution! Keep it up :-)

    ReplyDelete