Saturday, January 7, 2012

Death of a Shoe Salesman

Allyn's last day with Tradehome Shoes is coming up quick! This mommy could not be happier about it.

No more 70-80 hour work weeks, no more not getting over time pay and no more of his smartass, jerk boss being a "dish"head. I'm excited to have my happy babe back. That job was draining him in so many ways. He'd come home in a somewhat bad mood, mostly because of exhaustion, only have 30 minutes to play with Corvin, eat, watch a tiny bit of T.V. and head to bed. No time to try and write his book, chat or hang out with friends, and no time for his own family.

We weren't happy about him working a ton of hours, but we just kept saying that once we got his first bonus it would all be worth it. Getting paid $600 a week for that many hours just was not worth it. Well November came and went with no bonus and no word from anyone on the reason. So Allyn did some investigating and soon discovered that Tradehome just decided not to give him his bonus (due to some sort of "technicality"). We were and are still a little upset about it. It was supposed to be around $3,000, which would've fixed Allyn's busted 1995 Lexus AND paid it off. We're currently spending $350 a month on his car payment alone, so paying it off would've been BEYOND helpful for our monthly budget. After we received that news, Allyn decided it was time to move on to something better for our family.

Now, Allyn will be working part time at T-Mobile and full time at either Kay Jewelers as a manager-in-waiting or as a full time sales associate at American (still waiting on a call from either of them, which scares me a little). Even with Allyn having TWO jobs, he'll be working less hours and making more money. We're estimating about $700 a week without commission added. I'll be more than happy with an extra $400 or more a month! :)  Wish us luck!

I'm really looking forward to Allyn being home an extra 10 to 20 hours a week :) -knock on wood!- I bet our boys are too!

Today, my weight loss adventure has taken a bit of a step backwards. I gained a little, but I'm 90% sure that's just muscle gain. However, doing Insanity yesterday I slightly pulled my left calf muscle :( So I'll do a slightly less intense workout a little later to avoid any serious injury. It's funny how old injuries have a way of continuously coming back no matter how long ago it was it happened originally. Thanks high school track. That calf injury happened my junior year, haunted me my senior year, and has come back once again to try and show me who's boss. Little does my calf know, nothing will stop me from getting back into shape! My ultimate goal is to fit into my wedding dress perfectly...and to weigh less than my human garbage disposal of a future husband :)

In wedding planning news, I've officially decided that I don't care how tacky it might be, Dairy Queen will be the provider for our cake! haha. Neither of us like regular cake very much, and doing an ice cream bar is more expensive than we thought, so Dairy Queen ice cream cake is the way to go. 2 round cakes and 4-5 sheet cakes will give everyone a piece and only cost about $200! Good deal :) I've also started planning a few other things, but those will remain a secret until the big day ;)

Corvin is now waking up from his nap, so I'll scoop him up and see what else I can teach him today. He's officially said "all done!" several times now, so I think we can add that to his list of words!

Here's my daily edited photo! This is my happy little 15 month old, Corvin :)

Talk to you all tomorrow!
♥ Taber

No comments:

Post a Comment