Friday, January 27, 2012

Beware of Bridezilla

Watch out world, Taber Lacie is turning into....DUN DUN DUN....a bridezilla!

Rawr!

Muahahaha!

Alright, I'm really not that bad...yet. I'm definitely a perfectionist though and so far I see lots of bumps in the road to reach the level of perfect-ness I want for our big day. By bumps in the road I mean a few things.

#1) MONEY! If we get everything that we WANT, we need an extra $1,500-$2,000 for the wedding. If we get to invite everyone that we want to invite, add about $500 more. To get everything we need, we actually are short by about $500 :/

Last night, as a joke to myself, I Googled, "I want a free wedding."  To my surprise, several things popped up. Obviously several giveaways (most of them were expired or we didn't meet the requirements) but there was another website called gogetfunding.com. I checked it out and there's a whole page for people trying to get some money for their wedding. So I figured why not! I made a funding profile. If you're feeling generous, or if you just want to read the story of how Allyn and I started dating, click here ---> Donate to Love. Yes I know it kinda seems tacky, but hey, desperate times call for desperate measures! We've cut corners (no longer getting magnet invites which is saving us a good $85), I created the design for our invites myself instead of buying pre made ones, I didn't buy the more expensive dress, ect ect. So maybe if we're lucky, some people will donate a little bit of money. We even have prizes set up for certain amounts. Like $25 gets you a PG13 lap dance from a groomsman or a bridesmaid! (that will be saved for AFTER all children are in bed!)

#2) I'm definitely worried about my family. Long story short, not too many of my family members are talking to my grandma. She's kind of made a lot of the family mad. Here's the problem....I can't NOT invite her. If I don't invite her, there's a good chance she'll show up anyway and start fighting with me. If I do invite her, I take the risk of family members getting in a fight at my own wedding. HOPEFULLY that won't happen, but I must admit I'm a little worried!

#3) I'm nervous I wont lose the weight I need to lose in enough time. Sometimes, even if you do everything right, the weight just doesn't come off. If my dress doesn't fit when it needs to be altered, I'm probably going to cry. No joke. Maybe I'll just make sure my bridesmaids hound me to get skinny again. If they don't, I can blame it on them ;)

#4) I'm worried the wedding party will be hard to manage seeing as we live 5 1/2 hours away from all of them. So far, I've heard about no one getting fitted for their dress or their tux. There's a deadline for all that stuff and if it doesn't get done soon, Bridezilla will make her first (well maybe second or third..hehe) appearance! So wedding party, if you're reading this, get it done soon!!

Anyway, I have things to do and not much time to do them all. So I'll talk to you all tomorrow!
♥ Taber


This is what I designed for our wedding invite :) I'm still a bit undecided on the font I want.

2 comments:

  1. I really like the wedding invite!

    ReplyDelete
  2. At the end of February I'm going in and getting my dress altered. I'd rather get it done closer to the wedding PLUS all I have to do is get it hemmed since everything else fits me fine.

    Another thing is if you want to lose weight, stop being a human garbage disposal for what Corvin and Zander don't eat. This girl my boss knew was trying to lose weight and she couldn't and her doctor told her to carry a zip lock baggie around with her and anytime she went to put a 'snack' food or her 'unwanted kids food' in her mouth to put it in the baggie instead. She ended up almost filling the bag. That's a whole unknown or maybe unaccounted for amount of calories/fat that you're taking in that you're not aware of. Say Corvin has 6 chicken nuggets throughout the day and he only eats half of them each time then you finish those halves, well that's like 3 chicken nuggets and that may not sound like much but if its an everyday thing that adds up.

    Also drink tons and tons of water, it'll keep everything in your system flushed out and watch your sodium intake because you carry an extra 10 pounds or so of unnecessary water weight around everyday that could be avoided by watching what foods you eat.

    Hope that helps a bit!

    ReplyDelete